The Grand Traverse Commons is an awesome place to visit. In fact, its one of the largest historic preservation and adaptive reuse redevelopments in the United States. Originally built in 1883 to serve as a State Hospital, the grounds are going through a revitalization project and house living areas, restaurants, wineries, coffee shops, and more. You can read about its lengthy history on Wikipedia.
The grounds are located about a mile from Downtown TC:
What this means today is that there is a ton to do:
- Acres and acres of hiking trails
- Awesome wineries, restaurants, coffee shops like Left Foot Charley, Stellas, and Higher Grounds.
- Many Michigan-themed shops
- A newly opened brewery
All just an elevator ride away. There’s also guided tours of the grounds that take you into the underground tunnels and unfinished buildings. You can check out the event calendar here:
1 Bed Condo
Our 1 bedroom unit is a fully furnished condo with 15 ft ceilings and 8 ft windows located on the third-floor. It’s also got:
- Tiled, walk-in shower and a efficiency kitchen with a small refrigerator, 2-burner stove, and full-size sink.
- King-sized canopy bed with a memory foam mattress.
- Fast Wi-Fi, Cable, and a smart-TV hooked up to Hulu and Netflix.
- Pots, pans, dishes, spices, and a coffee maker.
You can check this unit’s availability at Airbnb.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and booking!